Ubar Concept

Ubar
Ubar, Atlantis of the Sands or Iram of the Pillars is two of many names for the legendary lost city in the Arabian sands,
destroyed by a natural disaster 

 King Shaddad of Iram of the Pillars who defied the warnings of a prophet, angered Allah and cursed the city

 Its location is thought to be somewhere beneath in the sands of Rub' al Khali desert, 



Concept depicts a square for the classic isometric view, I love the sand and all its flowing layers 
I also got to work on a model to be a centerpiece of the city
Main large model, focus of the scene to be grand and extravagant for such a great city. I wanted it intricate and interesting. large pillars and stairs to show that it hosts a lot of people



then looked at color schemes, simply rendered off an image and make it an overlay on photoshop .


I liked all of these choices and got great feedback for my supervisor.


Comments

Popular Posts